2015 MLK Day of Service in Lynn
The 2015 Day of Service in Lynn was a huge success! We had over 250 volunteers come out to complete over 30 projects in the community.
Volunteers arrived at Girls Inc. of Lynn to register and hear a brief educational presentation from the LaVida Scholars, who also created a mural in honor of Dr. King for each volunteer to sign.
1. At girls Inc:
- Stuffing toiletry kits for Homeless Veterans
- Stuffing toiletry bags for Lynn Shelter Assn.
- Sewing tote for Lynn Shelter and Senior Center
- Making valentines for seniors and veterans
- Clean-up of Girls Inc. facility
- Making bookmarks for Lynn Public Library
- Children’s MLK Book Distribution and reading
2. Ice Cream Socials for Seniors at:
- Life Care Center of the North Shore
- Phillips Manor Nursing Home
- Abbott Nursing Home
3. Serving Lunch for Homeless at My Brother's Table
4. Food Drives at:
- Shaws Supermarket
- Compare Supermarket
- Stop & Shop Supermarket
5. Painting Children's Program Room at Lynn Public Library
6. "Hoops & Dreams" Event for Youth at Lynn YMCA
Thank you for all of the sponsors and volunteers who made this year's event great! For more information or to find out how your organization can sign up to have a project completed next year, fill out our contact form!