Calling all Lynn nonprofits! Social Capital, Inc. (SCI) is currently accepting applications from organizations who want to host an SCI AmeriCorps Member! SCI currently places 25 AmeriCorps members at nonprofits throughout Eastern Massachusetts. We are always looking to expand our AmeriCorps program to new organizations throughout the state. Though we are open to new communities, priority will be given to organizations based in communities where members are already serving, as they are covered by our current grant (hint, hint: Lynn is one of those communities!).
Benefits of hosting an SCI AmeriCorps Member Include:
- A full-time AmeriCorps member serving at your agency from September 2015 - June 2016 (approximately 40 hours per week).
- SCI recruits members from various sources, reviews applications and conducts first interviews to screen potential candidates for your host site. The candidate information is sent along to the host site with the Program Manager’s notes.
- SCI trains AmeriCorps members; who in turn increase capacity of nonprofit partners to engage and connect citizens. (SCI provides the AmeriCorps members with initial training and ongoing professional development and support opportunities. This training and professional development is guided by the SCI Social Capitalist Curriculum which serves as a guide for members’ service. The training for the coming year will place an increased emphasis on increasing agency capacity to recruit and manage volunteers. Much of SCI AmeriCorps training will relate to their service at their host site, however we also offer trainings that will provide professional development for our members.)
- SCI administers the members’ stipends and other benefits, including Health Care.
- SCI will handle all on-boarding of new members, as well as exiting. This includes the offer letter, financial paperwork, etc.
- Background checks will be run and paid for by SCI.
- Compliance with the federal grant that supports the program is handled by SCI.
- SCI provides expertise, practical tools and other resources to related to social capital for use by members & partners.
- SCI facilitates a a learning network to expand social capital knowledge base.
- Grow your network of interested parties that can be leveraged for local projects.
To find out more information and to see if an SCI AmeriCorps member might be right for your organization, click here: http://www.socialcapitalinc.org/AmeriCorps/host-site.